Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A piece of cake

My youngest girl has a bit of an allergy to milk so I'm always trying to find yummy baking for her that still looks good. unfortunately I can't do buttercream icing anymore (I guess that's better for my waistline though), so colourful plain icing keeps her happy. Yummy dairy free (it really is a nice moist one) Chocolate Cake with Pink Icing for afternoon tea.

We live on an old subdivided farm (we only have 3 1/2 acres of the original hundreds that the farm would have been in the day) but we often find loads of *treasures* deep in the garden that have been dumped many moons ago - antique bottles are a common find. The Chief rolls his eyes and wants me to chuck them out but I keep them all over the house as little posy vases.

I've started hooking a beret/beanie for myself, but I'm a bit worried what the final shape may be. We'll see in a couple of days, but it looks so cute on this Greengate tray that I just had to share.

Finally, comfort food is needed today. I'm trying to keep positive with all the sadness in NZ at the moment so I thought we would enjoy some farm sausages, mash and caramelised onion gravy. The colours in the onions before I started cooking them looked so scrummy!!

1 comment:

Pixie said...

Hi there Kylie, thankyou for your comments regarding my little tweety birds, they are taking over the whole house.
And lovely vintage bottles, how fantastic to be able to just go and dig them out of the ground, quite envious i am. Pixie x