Sunday, February 20, 2011

Next project

I've started some granny squares - I think I'll make a blanket for the caravan eventually. I'm still learning so they aren't perfect but I'm having fun making them. I'm using this pattern here from The Purl Bee (fabulous easy tutorial!)



I mentioned the Bubble Bath I was making for the girls the other day, it turned out to be a pretty big success so I'd thought I'd share the recipe here (source Elizabeth Francke "Cosmetic and Fragrance Book for New Zealanders):

Use your favourite shampoo (I use a natural one with no Parabens or SLS etc that smells totally yummy) and add Safflower or other vegetable oil (I used Grapeseed) to it in the proportion of 1 T oil to 1/2 cup Shampoo. Add a few drops of food colouring (I use a Queens natural colour in rose pink). Shake well and add up to 1/4 cup under running water.

Now mine doesn't make big bubbles due to the lack of things like SLS but my kids are used to that - it made more of a creamy froth. Your shampoo may create huge bubbles depending on the type.  My girls loved it all the same.

2 comments:

Leah said...

Your grannies look amazing!!! And your new blog layout is utterly gorgeous. So jealous!

PaisleyJade said...

I love them!! I am also making some grannys at the moment... addictive!