Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Ta dah - Yummy Cowl


I'm really happy with this. It's not a huge cowl but I'm not a big person so I didn't want to be swamped. It's in Grey, so really not putting much colour into my world but it's a colour that I like on me.

Cowl Pattern   (US crochet terms)
I did a foundation chain of just over 100 stitches. You could do as many as you like to make the Cowl as long as you think will work for you.
Crochet into second chain from hook, *1dc and 1sc in this stitch, then miss one chain. Repeat until end of row. Chain one and then repeat for the next row. Keep  going until it's as wide as you want - I did 11 rows.


I've doubled it over to wear it - and it was comfortable to wear all day today, and never got in my way at all which normal scarves have a tendency to do.

If you like the look of this, feel free to use this pattern but please link back to here if you do :)


I thought I'd share with you one of the lovely parts of living in the country. While out doing my nightly chores (feeding the chickens etc) I get to watch the new lambs jumping around like crazy (I call it the 5pm nuthouse) and the Cattle settling down for the night.

 
Fresh out of the oven are some yummy chocolate muffins for the lunchboxes and morning tea at work will hopefully put a smile on everybody's faces tomorrow.




More crochet to do... Tea Cosy time again.

Kylie xxx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How delightful!, the crochet, animals, and the the cup cakes... :))