Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Well, lets get started here

A place for my ideas, creations and discoveries in both the garden and in the kitchen.

Spring has sprung on ou
r block - I'm blown away (like I am every year) of just how quickly the garden has taken off. An explosion of greenery and blossoms. My favourite at this time of year has to be the Borage popping up everywhere. It's pretty, it attracts the bees and best of all it's edible (flowers taste little like cucumber) and the leaves can be added to salads and used in soup. The flowers are fantastic in ice cubes for those summertime afternoon pick-me-ups (hic...)

Another favourite is the Wisteria, which I would dearly love to grow around the pergola but The Chief isn't keen on that idea (something about lifting up the plastic roofing blah blah ;) )


But it's just so "purdy" ..... I'll work on that one.

No comments: