Friday, October 8, 2010

Natural remedies day


Only one child home so it's a little more peaceful ie not having to stop sibling rivalry all day, so I'm taking the chance to make a few homemade products today.

Firstly liquid soap - I use the dregs of my lovely non chemical soap made by a lady that lives not far from me, Linda, and add water boil it up, then add glycerine. Since I've been doing that I have no more problems with Dermatitis on my hands.

Secondly Bug Repellent - Clara has pretty big reactions to insect bites, and I'm not into using DEET based products (too nasty) so I thought I'd try a few home remedies. This one contains Witchhazel, Apple Cider Vinegar and Lemon Essential oil in a spray bottle. Trying it on my skin to see how it goes first. Smells nice anyway.

Hmmm what to make next?

1 comment:

Chaos, Kids, Crochet and Cake said...

I really must try and make some of these natural lotions and potions! I dread to think what I'm putting on my skin, never mind the childrens! Thank you for the tips!
Sandra x