Thursday, January 26, 2012

Crochet in the Caravan

Camping, well caravanning went well. Towbee was a star - no leaks (mind you there was no rain luckily), the bed was comfy and the girls didn't mind sleeping in the awning. Only thing we really need is to buy some outside sun shelter as it gets a bit hot inside during the day.



The beach was stunning, loads of fun outside activities - swimming, fishing, kayaking, shellfish gathering (Tuatuas), walking, shell collecting, and of course sand creations. The girls had a blast but they were so tired (and a wee bit tetchy) by the end of it that it was good to come home - with beach souvenirs of course!

I got a little crochet done, making good progress on the slow going Claudia Scarf (4ply with a 3mm hook). I think next time (although this will look fabulous I'm sure) I would do in 8ply with less repeats. I'm all about quick gratification at the moment.

I haven't done very much on the Ripple blanket lately, it's calling me back though as the colours are too lovely to resist.

I came home to a bunch of bananas that we'd left here and they were well past their best, so banana cakes were straight on the go. One for work morning tea and one for us. Of course they had the obligitory Chocolate Icing on them. Mmmmm delicious.

A quiet weekend is on the cards this weekend, a quick catchup with some family and then pottering around the garden and home.



Oh, before I go I want to thank the lovely Sandra at Chaos, Kids, Crochet and Cake for the Leibster blogger award she gave to me. The Leibster award is to be given to Bloggers with less than 200 followers, "Leibster" meaning 'Dearest', 'Beloved' or 'Favourite'. All the blogs I read have a lot of followers so I don't really have any to pass onto but I really would love to pass one onto the following (not sure if she is quite to 200 yet).

Becs at bornagain-creations

I hope you are all having a lovely week.

Kylie x


6 comments:

Unknown said...

What beautiful photos ! I am a rippling along too .

Leah said...

Wow hon, your photos are amazing! I love the black and white one of dad and kids - it's beautiful. I also adore the flowers on the table in Towbee. How utterly civilised - my kind of camping!!!! Love the scarf too - it looks fabulous. L xxxx

Becs Addison said...

Why thank you for the award! Love that ripple blanket.. I must learn to crochet.

Rebecca said...

What a perfect kiwi holiday! The photos are just gorgeous Kylie. Towbee is simply adorable! Becks x

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Looks like you had a lovely time indeed with beautiful weather. When it comes to crafty projects, I am all about instant gratification these days. If it takes too long, then I am likely not gonna do it. Love the colors of your ripple. And the scarf will be beautiful when you finish. I think I shall bake some ginger pear upside down cakes today. :) Wishing you all the best, Tammy

design elements said...

beautiful! lovely greetings

Maria