Friday, December 9, 2011

It's starting to feel a lot like Christmas



It's finally the end of the week. A long busy week and one where I feel like I have achieved very little. Usually I have no problems with being a working Mum but this time of year (School and Creche events/trips/requests) and the busy time at work it's a weeny bit stressful. But it's nothing that won't feel better in two weeks :)

 
So some craftiness is my therapy. Loads of yummy bright yarns from far away (Stylecraft DK multi colour pack is the majority of the yarn in these photos)


and a cute vintage pattern that I dream of making but I know my little one would never wear it.




Homemade play-doh is always a great stress release for myself and the girls.


Yesterday was the first beach trip of the summer, pity the little ones missed out as it was a school trip, we sure had some fun that day. Treasure Hunts, kids laughing at the adults gingerly heading into the sea (it was a little cold for my liking!), a great group of kids and a fabulous bunch of parent helpers to share the day with. We are lucky at our country school to being able to share these experiences with a great crowd.


 I belong to a small very casual book group (a group of mums from the school) where we love to chat about a few books, eat some yummy treats, have the odd glass of wine and loads of cups of tea. We had our end of year do in my caravan on Wednesday. Towbe sure looked pretty all decked out. Yummy cake that one of the girls brought along too.






Have a great weekend, I hope you all have a nice fun filled one. I'm hopefully going to get the Christmas shopping finished. Fingers crossed!

xxxx Kylie

4 comments:

Leah said...

I am beyond jealous hon. I wish, wish, wish I could have been with your in your gorgeous caravan - that is just such a brilliant grownups hangout!!! Have you decided what to do with your lovely wool stash? We'll have to compare ideas.
Leah
xxxx

Annaboo's House said...

I am with Leah on this one!
LOVE your caravan (wish I had one). And gorgeous stash of coloured yarn, too!
Hope your Christmas prep is going well. I am slowly getting there!
Have a great weekend.
Xx

K @ Aurora Blythe said...

Looks like you have been having quite the time! I am drooling over your lovely yarn stash. So bright and cheery!
Also, wanted to let you know that I recently received the Liebster Blog Award and wanted to pass it along to you. I understand that some bloggers prefer not to do awards, so if you don't want to pop over my way and claim it, no worries ;-) Happy day to you!

My Beautiful World said...

What a beautiful post. So nice to meet you just found your lovely blog and so happy I did. I have enjoyed looking around and I'm now following you, if you find a spare minute hope you visit me sometime and follow back so nice to meet new friends. Sending you special wishes for a very Merry Christmas Day and look forward to keeping in touch in 2012.

Always Wendy